.....Welcome to my Blog.....I'm delighted to have you!.....Have a great day and come back often!

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"Momentum" (short essay)


“Momentum”

cji
7/23/09

Keeping going always
never stopping in flight
having goals to seek
righteous and eternal
understanding delays
with many to continue
thus to never stop
slowing time to time
keeping going always!

Copyright © 2009 – cji

When one thinks of continuous motion – i.e. momentum, there’s the hesitation to consider burn-out or being on a plateau of some kind. Neither is the case – if one has hundreds or thousands of goals written in their life’s book to work on striving always towards the Celestial Kingdom with our Father in Heaven – with our families (all of them). One of the thoughts which always comes to my mind when it appears I’ve hit a wall of sorts – is what is my line of self-imposed limitation in this area of my life? What’s blocking me from going forward to finding the solution to my stalled condition.

Smile – one has to understand we don’t always have to be inside of ourselves – it’s okay to step outside and look over the who we’ve become or are attempting to become. Gathering this alternative perspective allows us to see where the flat tire or other problem is to be found. Then we pick up and make course corrections – we’ve got our goals – in all six areas of our life: Physical; Mental; Social; Family; Moral/Ethical; Financial; and Educational or Self-Improvement. We’ve both tangible and intangible goals – written and specific – with where we are and where we’d like to be and with obstacles and roadblocks, solutions, time lines, photos (mental or actual) in all of the areas. Thus we can put one down – pick another up – be working on multiple ones at the same time (always) – keeping track of where we are within each.

We must understand we’re of a royal birth – we are the children ‘literally’ of Heavenly Father and he wants us to become like him!! He’s given us all of the tools we need to have a full head of speed in working towards the Celestial Kingdom and a home-coming! We of course need to do the work – and make the choices – understanding the basic principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

One extremely important understanding is when we hit a wall – it’s time to think if we’ve only been thinking of ourselves – and if so get ourselves into the service of others! Many can find depression, apathy, loss of purpose when leading a self-centered life – and therefore not living within the principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ! When setting and listing our goals – prioritizing them – ranking them by ease of accomplishment and degree of importance we’re always to understand the accomplishment of these goals is to allow us to be in the service of our fellow man/woman – children or in the service of our Heavenly Father. Too many strive for individual goals and you’ll accomplish these – however, are you becoming a better person capable of being anxiously engaged in Father’s vineyard or gardens?

Over the decades of my life I’ve accomplished thousands of goals – too many to even remember – however, those which I remember best are those which were accomplished and then no longer important. Why do I remember these? First, because I learned these goals while decent goals were not in what I needed to be doing in the vineyard or garden. One of them was I became an ‘A’ tennis player and then due to back and shoulder problems never was able to sustain this level of play. Another was to become an E-8 (Master Sgt.) in the Army – I made it while in the hospital at Walter Reed having my 2nd Open-heart by-pass graft surgery – and thus my military career was over. Heavenly Father allowed me to reach these goals and then said, “Now we’ve more important things to be doing!” Father has a great sense of humor – he still let’s me play (at) golf.

Thus to enable me to keep in continuous motion (or to maintain my momentum) I listen to the Spirit (or try to) and work on the goals which are eternal and of benefit to my family and others. Part of this is in continuous study – questioning and learning all that I can – seeking more and more – to understand the things eternal – so that in some way I can share them with others and my eternal love of the Savior. I listen to others who are teachers – mentors – Apostles – so that I can learn more of the Will of the Father.

Goals are essential to momentum – and secondly to grasp what’s eternal and what’s not! Finally back to this line of self-imposed limitations – it can be called the ‘laugh line’ where others laugh or ridicule us for thinking we can accomplish something which we’re striving to do. We hear the laughter and thus hesitate – fearing not so much failure but the laughter of others. The best way to succeed is to fail and learn from our mistakes and not to make them a second time. As an example if I’ve over a thousand goals and accomplish 25% of them – that’s completion of 250 goals a year! Another person has ten to one hundred goals and has the same success rate or even higher say 60% - they’ve accomplished between 6 and 60 goals. Both are good and admirable – but if we’re to become like Father – and guess he’s millions or billions of goals – we’ve a lot of work and room for growth and very little time to sit on the wayside and either feel apathy, depression or have a pity party.

Father has given us everything we need to return to Him and live in His presence with our family (eternal) – we just need to understand that this life is but a small moment in the eternal scheme of things – however, much of what we need to learn is here and now – and the easiest it’ll ever be to accomplish.

Hugs and love to all – who cares who laughs at you – when they do so to me – I figure I’m missing something – and one of those laughing might just have the answer – so I ask them, “What are you laughing at?” Listen to their answers – and you might find you’ve overlooked an obstacle – and therefore unlock the goal to accomplishment.

cji/ork

No comments: